At the end of the season, the swimmingpool needs “some rest”.
Mondo Aqua Piscine offers a reliable wintering service, which includes:
- cleaning of the pool bottom and walls
- filter backwash and cleaning
- over-wintering treatment and chlorine shock
- external accessories dismantling
- winter covering positioning
These shrewdnesses, like water recovering operations or accessories repair, are the bare essentials for a reopening of the next season free of any concerns. The winter closing can be made in two different ways: active or passive.
This process doesn’t require any water treatment, because it is usually done during the spring re-opening. This way the process is going to be more expensive, with an unsatisfactory outcome, and most of the times it is necessary to empty the pool and to change the entire volume of the water.
On the contrary, the active one consists of a continuous keeping of the pool during the winter season as well, by doing some simple operations.
- Accurately cleaning the pool bottom
- Emptying and cleaning the skimmer baskets (or the grids of the water collecting for the compensation tank) and the strainer pump
- Checking on the PH level and regulating it
- Covering the swimmingpool with a WINTER TARPAULIN and switching off the filtration pump
- IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO EVER LEAVE THE SWIMMINGPOOL COMPLETELY EMPTY DURING THE WINTER SEASON
Indeed, the absence of water could spoil the inner and outer balancing forces, which affect the structure. For example the ground around an above-ground pool, that can be half or totally underground, would exert pression on the walls of an empty swimmingpool. Moreover, without water, the coatings may get spoiled faster, there could be some infiltrations of groundwater from outside. The coatings would peel off or maybe the PVC would swell, which could cause the forming of flaws and mildew and it is not easy to get rid of them.
Contact us and meet our offers for a professional wintering.